There are no past events events at this time.
Rain or shine, the annual Salmon Come Home festival is happening on Sunday, October 22! The annual Salmon Come Home event co-hosted with the City of Coquitlam Municipality celebrates the return of the salmon to Hoy Creek. The free family event runs from 11 a.m. through to 3 p.m. at the Hoy Creek Hatchery. Watch spawning chum salmon in stream, learn about the Hoy Creek Hatchery, view live salmon demonstrations, and enjoy musical entertainment, interactive children’s activities, food, and educational exhibits. Visit the event page for more information.
Dress for the weather, as the event runs rain or shine! The Hoy Creek Hatchery is located on Hoy Creek Trail Linear Park, west of the City Centre Aquatic Complex at the corner of Pinetree and Guildford Way.
Hoy Trail has a several entrances:
- Walk in from Princess Crescent;
- Walk in from behind Douglas College;
- Walk in from Guildford Way (between Johnson and Pinetree);
- Walk in from Walton Avenue, or behind Walton Elementary;
- Walk in from the foot of Lasalle Place.