Pacific salmononids in the wild in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory include seven species: Sockeye, Pink, Chum, Coho, and Chinook salmon; Steelhead and Cutthroat trout. (all in the Genus: Oncorhynchus)
1. The Foundation provides objective and non-partisan advice to foster progressive and positive attitudes toward the future of Pacific salmon.
2. The Foundation policies, programs and decisions are guided by the best available knowledge: scientific, experiential, and traditional.
3. The Foundation ensures transparent and accountable use of funds, promotes fairness and objectivity in decision making, and supports integrity and mutual respect in our partnerships.
4. The Foundation is inclusive and works with diverse groups and interests recognizing their unique contributions to the sustainability of Pacific salmon.
5. The Foundation supports effective communication and promotes education as essential activities for the conservation and use of Pacific salmon and the realization of their full value to the people of Canada.
Newsletter Sign Up
© 2017 Pacific Salmon Foundation. All rights reserved.
Website by Burst! Creative Group